Available To Pre-Order
Warning: Last items in stock!
THIS IS AN ADVANCE RESERVATION - ETA OCTOBER 2019.
ESTIMATED PRICE - AS A GUIDE ONLY - BASED ON CURRENT COSTS ETC - £93.50. YOU ARE ONLY CHARGED WHEN THE MODELS HAVE BEEN DELIVERED. IF THE FINAL PRICE IS 10% MORE THAN OUR ESTIMATE WE WILL CONTACT YOU BEFORE WE CHARGE.YOU WILL OF COURSE PAY A LOWER PRICE SHOULD OUR COST REDUCE.
PAY A MINIMUM DEPOSIT OF 10% OF OUR ESTIMATED PRICE AND UPGRADE TO A 15% DISCOUNT OFF OUR FINAL SHELF PRICE - NORMALLY 10%. SEE "DISCOUNT SCHEMES" FOR FULL DETAILS.
IF YOU WISH TO PAY A DEPOSIT MAKE A NOTE IN THE ORDER COMMENTS BOX AT CHECKOUT.
SELECT YOUR MODEL(S) FROM THE IMAGES AND PLACE THE DETAILS IN THE ORDER COMMENTS BOX. THE PRICE QUOTED IS FOR ONE MODEL.
PROTOTYPE AND BACKGROUND INFO:
The EMD GP series locomotives became some of the most successful designs of the age. Produced from 1970s to mid 1980s the GP40-2 was quickly found in many different tasks of the railroad. From switching to pulling high priority freight trains across the country, these versatile locomotives brought the goods to North America. Many of these locomotives are now being rebuilt with ecologically sound emission control for higher population centers. A new era emerges as technology meets proven reliability for these EMD products.
Athearn brings these representative locomotives alongside regular freight trains that were commonplace. Sharing the new golden age of railroading!
• See-through cab windows
• Factory installed Celcon handrails
• Individually applied wire formed grab irons
• 5-pole motor with precision-machined flywheels and multi-link drive train for trouble free operation
• DCC Ready 8 and 9 pin plugs
• Illuminated front and rear headlights
• Nickel plated, blackened machined wheels
• Wheels with RP25 contours operate on all popular brand of track
• Replacement parts available including motor brushes
No customer reviews for the moment.