Warning: Last items in stock!
PLEASE NOTE - THIS MODEL WILL BE LISTED ON THE WALTHERS WEB SITE AS SOUND EQUIPPED. HOWEVER, THE SOUND DECODER WAS FAULTY SO WE HAVE REPLACED IT WITH A NON SOUND GAUGEMASTER DCC95 RUBY 6-FUNCTION 21-PIN DECODER.
With the arrival of the F7 in 1949, EMD had exactly what railroads needed to begin dieselizing with a vengeance. Geared for freight or passenger service, they were equally at home in either assignment. Over the next four years EMD built over 2200 A and 1400 B units, delivered in a rainbow of schemes for nearly every railroad in America. Tough and durable, many soldiered on into the early 70s and several are preserved.
Based on colorful Wabash freight units, the model features a Mars light (non pulsating) and headlight, and 36" dynamic brake fan.
Other features include:
• Limited edition - one time run of this roadnumber!
• Used in freight and passenger service from 1949 to the 1990s - many preserved today
• Nicely priced power for WalthersMainline freight and passenger trains
• Factory-installed handrails
• Same powerful drive as WalthersProto(R) locos featuring:
• Five-pole skew-wound motor
• 14:1 gear ratio
• Helical-cut gears for quiet operation and easy multiple unit operation
• All-wheel drive and electrical pickup
• Dual machined brass flywheels
• Heavy die cast metal chassis
• Constant and directional lights
• RP-25 metal wheels
• Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
No customer reviews for the moment.