Available To Pre-Order
Warning: Last items in stock!
THIS IS AN ADVANCE RESERVATION - ETA FEBRUARY 2020.
ESTIMATED PRICE - AS A GUIDE ONLY - BASED ON CURRENT COSTS ETC - £29.99. YOU ARE ONLY CHARGED WHEN THE MODELS HAVE BEEN DELIVERED. IF THE FINAL PRICE IS 10% MORE THAN OUR ESTIMATE WE WILL CONTACT YOU BEFORE WE CHARGE.YOU WILL OF COURSE PAY A LOWER PRICE SHOULD OUR COST REDUCE.
A 10% PRE-ORDER DISCOUNT WILL BE APPLIED TO THE FINAL SHELF PRICE OF THESE MODELS.
PLACE YOUR SELECTION IN THE ORDER COMMENTS BOX. THE PRICE QUOTED IS FOR ONE MODEL ONLY.
• Fully assembled and ready for your layout
• Detailed trailer hitches for Trailer On Flat Car (TOFC) Service
• Container mounting brakets for use with Athearn 20’ or 40’ containers for Container On Flat Car (COFC) service
• Factory installed wire grab irons
• New metal underframe for correct rail height and optimum performance
• 70-ton trucks with 33” machined metal wheels with RP25 contours operate on all popular brands of track
• Newly designed swing mount coupler boxes
• McHenry scale knuckle spring couplers
• Painted and printed for realistic decoration
• Weighted for trouble-free operation
• Interior plastic blister safely holds the model for convenient storage
• Window packaging for easy viewing
• Fully assembled
• Minimum radius: 22”
PROTOTYPE AND BACKGROUND INFO:
The 85’ flatcar was introduced in the 1960’s to accommodate the latest 40’ trailers that were just being introduced on the nation’s highways. The 85’ all-purpose flatcar was capable of carrying highway trailers, intermodal containers, or a combination of the two. These versatile cars became the de facto standard for intermodal service during this era.
No customer reviews for the moment.