Available To Pre-Order
Warning: Last items in stock!
THIS IS AN ADVANCE RESERVATION - ETA MARCH 2020.
ESTIMATED PRICE - AS A GUIDE ONLY - BASED ON CURRENT COSTS ETC - £29.99. YOU ARE ONLY CHARGED WHEN THE MODELS HAVE BEEN DELIVERED. IF THE FINAL PRICE IS 10% MORE THAN OUR ESTIMATE WE WILL CONTACT YOU BEFORE WE CHARGE.YOU WILL OF COURSE PAY A LOWER PRICE SHOULD OUR COST REDUCE.
A 10% PRE-ORDER DISCOUNT WILL BE APPLIED TO THE FINAL SHELF PRICE OF THIS MODEL.
PLACE YOUR SELECTION IN THE ORDER COMMENTS BOX. THE PRICE QUOTED IS FOR ONE MODEL ONLY.
• New road numbers for all road names
• Removable coal load
• Decorated models fully-assembled and ready to run out of the box
• Highly-detailed, injection-molded body
• Separately applied wire grab irons on side ladders
• Separately applied brake wheel
• Machined metal wheels
• Weighted for trouble free operation
• Wheels with RP25 contours operate on all popular brands of track
• Body mounted McHenry operating scale knuckle couplers
• Replacement parts available
• Minimum radius: 18”
PROTOTYPE AND BACKGROUND INFO:
The unit train concept was pioneered by Ortner Freight Car Co. in 1960 as an effort to streamline bulk cargo unloading. Robert Ortner, developer of the rapid-discharge door system, targeted unloading a train of rapid discharge cars in 30 minutes to an hour. Previously this same task would take four hours or longer. Unit trains shuttle back and forth between mines and power plants eliminating dwell time in yards. The concept has become ubiquitous to the modern railroading scene.
No customer reviews for the moment.