Available To Pre-Order
Warning: Last items in stock!
THIS IS AN ADVANCE RESERVATION - ETA FEBRUARY 2019.
ESTIMATED PRICE - AS A GUIDE ONLY - BASED ON CURRENT COSTS ETC - £109.99. YOU ARE ONLY CHARGED WHEN THE MODELS HAVE BEEN DELIVERED. IF THE FINAL PRICE IS 10% MORE THAN OUR ESTIMATE WE WILL CONTACT YOU BEFORE WE CHARGE.YOU WILL OF COURSE PAY A LOWER PRICE SHOULD OUR COST REDUCE.
A 10% PRE-ORDER DISCOUNT WILL BE APPLIED TO THE FINAL SHELF PRICE OF THIS MODEL.
Modernize your HO Scale intermodal fleet in minutes with WaltherMainline Thrall Rebuilt 40' Well Cars! As the 53' container quickly became the standard for domestic shipping, older well cars built to carry 48' boxes soon fell out of favor with railroads. Most were only a few years old, so starting in 2003 Thrall began a rebuilding program that shortened the wells to the standard 40' on both single and five-unit cars. Today they can be seen carrying 20' and 40' containers in the well, with 40' and 53' units on top. Fully assembled and ready for service, the models feature:
• 100- and 70-ton roller bearing trucks
• Correct 38" and 33" turned metal wheelsets
• Heavy die-cast metal frame for superb performance empty or loaded
• Finely molded 3-D brake rods with chains, brake piping and weld lines on body
• Separate deck-mounted brake detail with piping, IBC storage boxes and realistic walkways
• 70-ton roller bearing trucks
• Correct 33" turned metal wheelsets
• Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
No customer reviews for the moment.