Temporarily Out Of Stock
Warning: Last items in stock!
We are still amazed by the realistic sounds BLI models can produce. Yet when you hear a real locomotive, there are deep rumbling sounds that even the advanced BLI model locomotives simply could not reproduce, until now.
The ALL-NEW Paragon3 with Rolling ThunderTM sound and control system for HO scale has all the features of its predecessor Paragon2, but now includes more, higher fidelity sounds than ever before, plus the ability to reproduce low frequency sounds that give your railroad the feel and depth of sound of a real locomotive!
How does it work? The speakers in most HO scale locomotives will only reproduce sounds above approximately 600 hertz. The human ear can detect sounds between 20 to 20,000 hertz, and we can feel sounds at even lower frequencies. Many of the sounds real trains make are in the lower frequencies that models cannot reproduce. This is due to the tiny speakers which cannot move enough air. To overcome this shortcoming, Paragon3 incorporates a cutting edge radio transmitter system they call Rolling ThunderTM that sends the low frequency sounds to a specially designed receiver and subwoofer under your layout. Since low frequency sounds have a longer wavelength, it is difficult for the human ear to detect the direction of the source. The result is that while the locomotive moves around the layout, you can hear the high frequency sounds coming from the locomotive, and the low frequency sounds from the subwoofer - all perfectly synchronized to the motion of the locomotive and the puffing of the smoke, and your ears will perceive the full array of sound as coming from the model!
On a large layout, where a locomotive can be very far from the subwoofer, the Rolling ThunderTM system detects the distance and fades out the subwoofer until the locomotive gets close again, or, if another locomotive is in range, it will connect automatically to the subwoofer and begin playing its sounds at levels appropriate to its distance to the subwoofer.
- Rolling ThunderTM receiver works with any Rolling ThunderTM equipped Paragon3 locomotive
- Rolling ThunderTM works with DC or DCC layouts. Just plug it in.
- 25 times more powerful than typical model train sound systems for sounds you can feel
- 2 available transmission frequencies - to prevent wireless interference
- 29 available channels per frequency - for additional wireless interference prevention
- Actual sounds of each locomotive play through subwoofer
- Subwoofer sounds are perfectly synchronized to the locomotive movement, sound effects and smoke, if applicable
- Subwoofer frequency response range from 20 to 600 Hz
- Subwoofer size 15.75 x 17.75 x 8.25 inches
- 8 inch polycarbonate cone
- Subwoofer volume goes to 11
- US Patent #7,634,411
For use only with BLI Paragon3 equipped locomotives - NOT INCLUDED IN THIS SET.
BLI Paragon3 locomotives will operate with normal sounds even without the Rolling ThunderTM subwoofer/receiver kit. However, sound frequency response will be limited to those made from the onboard speakers.
The subwoofer is supplied with a UK 3-Pin plug.
The receiver can be powered from a 12vDC/1Amp Uncontrolled supply of a modern UK transformer/controller. Alternatively, the GMC-WM4 Wall Mounted Transformer - 12v DC Smooth Regulated power supply can be purchased to give more flexibility.
No customer reviews for the moment.