Warning: Last items in stock!
SPIRIT OF UNION PACIFIC FEATURES:
• Brand new UP heritage locomotive
• removable PTC antenna array roof secured w/ magnets
• Nose mount headlight and ditchlights now LED
• Late handrails
A Boeing B-17 was christened the Spirit of the Union Pacific in 1943, recognizing employees who funded it through war bond contributions. The Spirit of the Union Pacific was assigned to the 571st Bomber Squadron and shot down on its fifth mission during a raid on enemy installations in Münster, Germany.
Union Pacific’s Locomotive No. 1943, The Spirit, is the 16th commemorative locomotive introduced in the 155-year-old company’s history. The Spirit honors the United States’ armed forces and the men and women filling their ranks. Created in collaboration with Union Pacific veterans, the locomotive illustrates the railroad’s connection to the thousands of veterans who helped build America through the centuries.
HONORING THE ARMED FORCES
Every detail in The Spirit’s trade dress incorporates a piece of each U.S. armed forces branch.
The Spirit’s front is symbolic of Air Force Silver, and the blue stripe is a reflection of the former Strategic Air Command’s “nose sash.” The lettering inside the sash is the original hand-drawn font used on the B-17. It is followed by the Coast Guard’s “Racing Stripe” and the Navy’s Battleship Gray, which frames Union Pacific’s traditional American flag. The military camouflageis a nod to the Army and Marines.
As the train passes by, the final message on the tail is dedicated to U.S. prisoners of war and those missing in action, featuring the POW/MIA symbol and its motto, “You Are Not Forgotten.”
SD70ACe SPECIFIC FEATURES:
• New for the SD70ACe - LED lighting
• Correctly-sized operating ditch lights
• Front and rear trainline air hose with silver tips
• Multiple unit (MU) hoses with silver tips
• Coupler cut bars
• Train line air hoses
• Flat or tapered front and rear anticlimbers
• Safety tread on the walkways
• Nose or cab mounted headlight
• Standard or isolated cab
• Windshield wipers
• Tinted side windows
• Detailed and painted cab interior with control stand, display screens, detailed crew seats and optional grade crossing camera
• Airchime K5LLA horn with square or "tube" style mounting bracket
• Large antenna dome
• Small GPS antenna dome
• Inverter box with original X-panels, X-panels with retrofitted louvers, factory louvers, late EMD large intake or retrofit large intake
• See-through radiator fans
• Etched dynamic brake grille and screen with appropriate grid detail underneath
• Dynamic brake louver variations per prototype
• Chicago Blower brand air blower visible behind the see-through grilles at the rear of the locomotive
• Factory installed wire grab irons
• Jacking pads per prototype
• Plumbing alongside the frame appropriate to the specific railroad and purchase order
• Fuel tanks with single or dual fuel fillers
• HTCR or HTSC trucks per prototype
• McHenry scale knuckle spring couplers
• Minimum radius: 18"
• Recommended radius: 22"
THIS SOUND EQUPPED MODEL ALSO FEATURES:
• Onboard DCC decoder with SoundTraxx Tsunami2 sound
• Sound units operate in both DC and DCC
• Full DCC functions available when operated in DCC mode
• Engine, horn, and bell sounds work in DC
• All functions NMRA compatible in DCC mode
• Slow speed control
• Program a multiple unit (MU) lashup with lead unit only horn, bell, and lights
• Many functions can be altered via Configuration Value (CV) changes
• CV chart included in the box
No customer reviews for the moment.