Warning: Last items in stock!
Add classic diesel power to your HO roster in minutes with WalthersMainline F7 A units!
With the arrival of the F7 in 1949, EMD had exactly what railroads needed to begin dieselizing with a vengeance. Geared for freight or passenger service, they were equally at home in either assignment. Over the next four years EMD built over 2200 A and 1400 B units, delivered in a rainbow of schemes for nearly every railroad in America. Tough and durable, many soldiered on into the early 70s and several are preserved
Based on VIA's colorful passenger units, the model features a single headlight, steam generator detail and 36" dynamic brake fan.
Other features include:
• Limited edition - one time run of these roadnumbers!
• Used in freight and passenger service from 1949 to the 1990s - many preserved today
• Nicely priced power for WalthersMainline freight and passenger trains
• Factory-installed handrails
• ESU Sound for DCC and DC layouts featuring:
• 4 function outputs with brightness control by CV
• Fully DCC compatible
• 14, 28, 128 speed steps
• Dual mode DC and DCC
• 4 air horns changeable by CVs
• 2 bells changeable by CVs
• Full 8-notch prime mover sounds
• Dynamic brake
• Multiple realistic lighting effects
• Same powerful drive as WalthersProto(R) locos featuring:
• Five-pole skew-wound motor
• 14:1 gear ratio
• Helical-cut gears for quiet operation and easy multiple unit operation
• All-wheel drive and electrical pickup
• Dual machined brass flywheels
• Heavy die cast metal chassis
• Constant and directional lights
• RP-25 metal wheels
• Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
No customer reviews for the moment.