Warning: Last items in stock!
PLEASE NOTE: When operating Walthers-branded DCC-equipped locomotives in DC mode, do not use power packs that exceed an 18V rating. This includes MRC 1300-series power packs which have known issues with our decoders.
One of the most handsome diesels ever built, WalthersMainline Alco PA locomotives are sure to be the stars of your HO streamliner fleet! Introduced in 1946, these sleek and stylish speedsters wore a rainbow of color schemes, and handled passenger and some fast freight service into the 1960s.
Capturing the sleek lines of the prototypes these models are based on units used by the New York Central and feature a single headlight, no dynamic brakes and small numberboards.
Other great features include:
• Limited edition - one time run of these roadnumbers!
• Prototypes in passenger service from late 1940s to 1960s - some later used in freight service
• Factory-Installed ESU sound for DCC & DC layouts featuring:
• 4 function outputs with brightness control by CV
• Fully DCC compatible
• 14, 28, 128 speed steps
• Dual mode DC and DCC
• 5 air horns changeable by CVs:
• Wabco Single Chime - Default
• CV 163 = Leslie A-200
• CV 163 = Leslie S3L
• CV 163 = Leslie S5
• CV 163 = Nathan M5
• 2 Alco bells changeable by CVs (164)
• Full 8-notch prime mover sounds
• Dynamic brake
• Realistic lighting effects
• Same powerful drive as WalthersProto(R) locos featuring:
• Five-pole skew-wound motor
• 14:1 gear ratio
• Helical-cut gears for quiet operation and easy multiple unit operation
• All-wheel drive and electrical pickup
• Dual machined brass flywheels
• Heavy die-cast metal chassis
• Constant LED lighting
• Factory-installed handrails
• Molded drill starter points for grab irons - easily added with Alco PA-PB Diesel Detail Kit (#910-252, sold separately)
• RP-25 metal wheels
• Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
No customer reviews for the moment.