Warning: Last items in stock!
Power up your HO freight operations with Walthers Proto SD9 diesels!
The debut of the SD9 in 1954 marked the next step forward for EMD's Special Duty line of six-axle diesels, and introduced the new 567C prime mover delivering 1,750 horsepower. Ideal for demanding assignments in helper, yard, transfer and heavy freight service, with its weight spread over six axles, the SD9 was also well suited to branch line duties. By the time production ended in 1959, 515 SD9s were in service on over a dozen railroads and some are still going strong after 50+ years of service!
From superb paint and lettering to railroad-specific details, and with ESU LokSound Select for DCC and DC layouts, WalthersProto SD9 locos come ready for service and feature:
• Limited edition - one-time run of these configurations
• 5 pole, skew-wound, high-torque, high-efficiency can motor
• Helical gears with 14:1 ratio for smooth, quiet running
• Easy multiple-unit operation
• Superb paint and lettering
• LED constant and directional headlights
• Heavy die-cast metal underframe
• Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
Based on former Missabe Phase II (also known as Phase 2) units in service from the later 1960s to late 1980s, these models are complete with:
• Nathan P5 air horn
• Firecracker radio antenna
• Operating roof top beacon
• Hood-mounted bell & bracket
• Pyle dual sealed beam headlight
• Rolled-style handrail stanchions
• Winterization hatch
• Roller bearing journals
• Short hood forward operation
No customer reviews for the moment.