Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 29/09/2014
The A. S. Foundries® A-3 Ride Control® 50-ton freight truck was introduced in the 1940's and is one of the forerunners of modern freight trucks. Features embodied into this design include a longer spring travel, no spring planks and constant friction control using friction castings in the bolster to dampen excessive lateral roll of the car. These design features allowed for a higher train speed with less danger of derailment than previous designs. ASF® sold over 140,000 sets by 1949. This truck is excellent for modeling the transition era up to 1994 when friction bearings were no longer allowed in interchange service.
• Code 188 (.088" wide) 33" smooth back "Semi-Scale" wheels
• "HGC" Weighs nearly the same as Metal Trucks
• Superior Rolling Ability.
• Brake Pads
• Accurate markings
• Incredible detail True to prototype
• Non-magnetic Metal Wheels
• Highly Flexible Fully Equalized Trucks
• Smooth tracking Free rolling Contoured Insulated Axles
• RP-25 Free rolling wheels
• Patent number 7,434,518 B2
No customer reviews for the moment.